- We strive to provide complete care for our patients, including comprehensive medical eye examinations, professional contact lens care, treatment of Dry Eye and other eye diseases, Diabetic eyecare, and an Optical Service with in office lab. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Larry D. Sumner, O.D.
Dr. Larry Sumner is a solo practitioner with over thirty-five years experience in primary eyecare. He specializes in Dry Eye Syndrome and Scleral Contact Lenses.
Dr. Sumner uses state-of-the-art instrumentation to gather a wide spectrum of eye health information for each patient. With this preliminary data, combined with one-on-one quality time consultation, the patient is then provided with specific recommendations for their individual needs and concerns. Dr. Sumner co-manages his patients with the ophthalmic surgeons and consultating optometrists at CUHealth Ophthalmology, Omni Eye Specialists, and Spivack Vision Center when his patients need specialized medical and surgical care.
Dr. Sumner’s credentials and background include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree from the College of Charleston, majoring in biology and chemistry
- Bachelor of Science Degree from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University, majoring in visual sciences
- Doctor of Optometry Degree (O.D.) from the Pensylvania College of Optometry at Salus University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Certification from the Gesell Institute of Child Development (New Haven, CT) in the examination and care of children
- Licensed to practice Optometry by the Colorado Board of Optometry
- Colorado Board Certified Therapeutic Optometrist
- Diplomate of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Board Certification in the Treatment & Management of Ocular Disease by the International Association of Boards of Examiners in Optometry
- Colorado Board Certified in Expanded Scope of Practice in the Treatment of Eye Disease.
- Captain in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, Combat Support Medical Battalion, and the United States Army Reserve, Medical Service Corps ( 1981-1987).
- Affiliate of the University of Colorado Department of Ophthalmology
- Private practice in Pottstown and Morgantown, PA for 18 years
- Private practice in Denver (Cherry Creek) for 19 years
- Member: American Optometric Association
- Member: Cornea & Contact Lens Section of the AOA
- Member: Colorado Optometric Association
- Member: Colorado Optometric Glaucoma Society
- Native of Charleston, South Carolina
- Interests include downhill skiing, cross-counry skiing, cycling, body pump classes, pistol marksmanship, and military history